I. Objectives of St. Vincent’s School
(a) To impart sound education under the Guidance of the Vincentian Fathers.It includes, bringing in an all round development-spiritual, moral ,intellectual, physical, emotional and social- of the students committed to their care.
(b) To prepare students for class X Public examination and the Higher Secondary Examination of the Boards of Tamilnadu Govt.
(c) The medium of instruction is English.
II. Academic Year and curriculum
The school year is from June to May. The school follows the curriculum and syllabus of the Education Board of Govt. Of Tamilnadu.
III. Parent’s Co-operation
Since education begins at home, a joint effort by parents and school management alone will bring about the all-round development of their children.Hence parents are expected:
(a) To inculcate in their children love for order and punctuality, a sense of cleanliness and to take adequate measures for the progress of their children.
(b) To check regularly their note books, school dairies and report cards and to take adequate measures for the progress of their children.
(c) To contact the principal from time to time and to discuss with him matters connected with the conduct and academic progress of the children.
(d) To make necessary arrangements to take their children back home immediately after school hours.
(e) To seek leave of absence only in unavailable circumstances, and that too, only through the leave form.
(f) Not to connect teachers or students during class hours.
1. A person is judged by his manners, therefore, students must be obedient and respectful to teachers and elders and greet them warmly wherever they meet them-at school and outside.
2. Since cleanliness is next to godliness, every student shall consider the cleanliness of dress and person as an essential virtue.
3. Punctuality paves the way to order and discipline. Hence, every student is expected to be present for the morning assembly.
4. It is compulsory for every student to come to school in full uniform including footwear and hairstyle.
5. Students should speak only in English within the school premises.
6. Every student is expected to participate in all the activities of the school.
7. Religious instruction or moral classes are compulsory for all students.
8. The school will not be responsible for any accident to pupils during the school hours or picnics/Excursions.
9. Students who damage any property of the school shall make good the loss.
10. Ornaments, jewelry or valuables of any kind is not allowed in the school. Every student must look after his/her belongings The school authorities will not be responsible for things lost.
11. To avoid accidents and injuries, no one shall bring to school razor blades, sharp instruments, explosives and the like.
12. Other than the school books and library books, no other book, magazine or newspaper must be brought to the school.
13. The prior permission of the principal is required for any student activities like class organizations, clubs, parties and picnics, ticket-selling and fund raising schemes etc.
14. The principal maintains the right to control all correspondence that comes to students through the school.
15. Forging signatures of the parent or teacher, altering marks etc. will be taken seriously.
16. No gifts or donation to the teachers is allowed.
17. Private tuition hampers the real progress of the students. Therefore, it is essential to avoid tuitions. No tuition should be arranged with our teachers. However, all slow learners are expected to attend the remedial classes arranged by the teachers from time to time.
18. Attendance on the opening and closing dates of a term, after special holidays like Pongal, Deepavali, and Chirstmas, and at official functions like Independence day, Republic day, Sports day and Annual day, is compulsory. Absence will be punishable with a fine of Rs.50/- per day.
19. Students who absent themselves without leave for more than 16 consecutive days shall be deemed to have left the school and their names shall automatically be removed from the rolls. Re-admission is left to the discretion of the Principal.
20. Students whose attendance is irregular or who habitually neglect home work or who in the opinion of the school authorities repeatedly violate the rules and regulations of the school or whose conduct is not in keeping with the moral tone of the school or whose activities are detrimental to the very objectives of St.Vincent’s School, are liable to be expelled.